Now Is The Best Time To Get Etcher Image Writer
It is described as “a powerful OS image flasher built with web technologies to ensure flashing an SDCard or USB drive is a pleasant and safe experience. It protects you from accidentally writing to your hard-drives, ensures every byte of data was written correctly and much more”.
Bug Fixes n’ Beta Releases
- Compression support for gzip and bzip2
- Checks for app updates (can be disabled)
- Drag and drop compatible image files on to app
- GUI elevation prompt on Linux
- Warning when selected drive is read-only
- Warning when selected drive is too small
All the above are in addition to its existing feature set:
That’s not all;
The development team behind the app, Resion.io, plan to add more features and capabilities to the tool in due course, some of which are:
- Registered Etcher as handler for *.img and *.iso files
- Support for creating multi-boot USBs
- Support for persistent storage on Ubuntu images
Downloading Etcher Image Writer
Etcher is available to download for free directly from the official project’s website for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
The Linux packages are distributed as a .appimage for both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux distros all you have to do is download and double-click them to run.
Are you interested in having the app’s source code? Head on over the project’s Github page.